Integrate a Struts app with a non-struts app

Discussion in 'Java' started by jc1771, Dec 28, 2003.

  1. jc1771

    jc1771 Guest

    Hi all,

    We've just completed our first Struts app (which went VERY well - I
    love this framework) and are hitting a probably trivial problem that I
    can't seem to find a way around. How do I integrate a Struts app with
    existing Servlet-JSP applications? I need to be able to have the
    Struts app call regular JSPs (no problem) but how does a non-Struts
    JSP call back to a Struts Action (i.e. a gateway action that sets up
    the Struts app)? Is the only way to call the first JSP directly? We
    have a lot of existing JSPs that we want to convert to Struts over
    time, but cannot do all at once, so we need the interoperability.

    Note: The Struts app would have to be called by JSPs both on other
    servers as well as on the same server.

    Thanks!

    John

    jc1771, Dec 28, 2003