Integrated debug library for a C program

llothar

Hello, i'm using Eiffel at the moment for my program.

One of the killer features is a very simple traceback that gives me
after an assert failure the whole stracktrace together with a readable
dump of all local variables and function parameters (normally much
less then 50kb compressed). This can be added to the generated
executable file and so it can run on the clients computer.

Is there any c compiler or library that allows me to do this?

Keith Thompson

CBFalconer said:
llothar wrote: [snip]
Three identical postings over roughly 1 1/2 hours, and ignoring the
answers posted in the interim. One of you and/or your reader are
stupid. Probably the reader.

It's a Google Groups problem. I'm in the midst of e-mail discussions
with llothar to get more information and complain to Google.

Richard Heathfield

Keith Thompson said:
CBFalconer said:
llothar wrote: [snip]
Three identical postings over roughly 1 1/2 hours, and ignoring the
answers posted in the interim. One of you and/or your reader are
stupid. Probably the reader.

It's a Google Groups problem. I'm in the midst of e-mail discussions
with llothar to get more information and complain to Google.

What good do you expect that to do? They're not *interested*, Keith.

Keith Thompson

Richard Heathfield said:
Keith Thompson said:
CBFalconer said:
llothar wrote: [snip]
Three identical postings over roughly 1 1/2 hours, and ignoring the
answers posted in the interim. One of you and/or your reader are
stupid. Probably the reader.

It's a Google Groups problem. I'm in the midst of e-mail discussions
with llothar to get more information and complain to Google.

What good do you expect that to do? They're not *interested*, Keith.

They did eventually fix the default behavior for followups.

Steve Thompson

Keith Thompson said:
CBFalconer said:
llothar wrote: [snip]
Three identical postings over roughly 1 1/2 hours, and ignoring the
answers posted in the interim. One of you and/or your reader are
stupid. Probably the reader.

It's a Google Groups problem. I'm in the midst of e-mail discussions
with llothar to get more information and complain to Google.

What good do you expect that to do? They're not *interested*, Keith.

My opinion on the matter is that Google is recognized as being an
excellent control point for juvenile shennanigans and murky 'fun and
games'. Without sloppy TOS policies and such, the perpetrators of
destructive Usenet incursions and other (often) illegal activies would have
to work harder.

Complaining to Google of anything that would interfere with this is futile:
They know their archiving is carefully selective; they know that the
fidelity of their archives is suspect; they know people are using Google
Groups to attack targets of opportunity or to disrupt civilized discourse.

I suspect you know this too, but are unwilling to admit it to yourself.

Regards,

Steve