    authentication.

    Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

    Scott

    Scott Klein, Aug 6, 2003

  2. Scott Klein

    Ray at Guest

    Is there a firewall between your client machine and the IIS server?

    Ray at work

    "Scott Klein" <> wrote in message
    > Firstly, I'm running IIS 6.0 on Windows SErver 2003 that is also a DC.
    >
    > I have an asp page (default.asp) I am trying to access as my hom page for

    my
    > site. I am trying to use Windows authentication.
    >
    > When I select only "integrated Windows authentication" I get prompted for
    > user information and then get an error: "The page cannot be displayed."
    >
    > However, if I change the authentication method to "Basic authentication"

    and

    Ray at, Aug 6, 2003

  3. Scott Klein

    Ray at Guest

    Are you Scott Klein's assistant? :p

    Ray at home

    --
    Will trade ASP help for SQL Server help

    Ray at, Aug 6, 2003
  4. Scott Klein

    Ray at Guest

    Ray at, Aug 6, 2003
  5. Scott Klein

    Scott Klein Guest

    EVERYTHING is located on the same server and I'm using the browser from the
    server (results are the same from my XP workstation).

    I've tried using and domain\username. I think the
    authentication is at least working because I don't get prompted a second
    time for username and password.

    Also, it works if I enable anonymous access and enter the exact same
    username and password (as I try to do at the prompt when using windows
    authentication) in IIS Manager on the Directory Security page. My guess is
    that this method is exactly the same as basic authentication with clear
    text.

    Scott

    Scott Klein, Aug 7, 2003