Integrated Windows Authentication

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by ruca, Jul 15, 2004.

  1. ruca

    ruca Guest

    Hi
    I have this problem:

    I have a web app in two diferent servers to run. It is exactly the same
    application. In this app I use the Integrated Windows Authentication.
    So far so good... But the same application have diferent behaviors in both
    servers. I must say that both servers (or machines) are under the same
    domain.
    The problem is that one (server A) of them lets me authenticate and the
    other no (server B).
    The "only" diference between this machines is the Operating System:
    Server A - Windows XP Professional
    Server B - Windows 2003 Server

    What can be wrong? Do I have to do any specific in 2003?

    --
    Programming ASP.NET with VB.NET
    Thank's (if you try to help me)
    ruca, Jul 15, 2004

  2. ruca

    ruca Guest

    So....
    What's your sugestion for this case for Application Pool?

    --
    Programming ASP.NET with VB.NET
    Thank's (if you try to help me)
    ruca

    "John Sivilla" <> escreveu na mensagem
    > The only difference is more than just the OS. There are different versions

    of IIS running on these systems. Also on IIS 6 (Windows Server 2003) there
    is the feature of Application Pools, where in IIS 5.1 (XP Professional)
    there is no such thing. Also the user under which IIS accesses resources is
    different (ASP.NET in 5.1 and Newtwork Service on 6.0) on the two systems.

    ruca, Jul 16, 2004