Integrating a GUI with an asyncore-based server

Giampaolo Rodola'

Hi there.
Just for the heck of it I'd like to write a simple front-end for an
asyncore-based server I wrote by using Tkinter.
I wrote a simple graphical interface consisting of two buttons: "Start
server" and "Stop server".
The first button should start the asyncore main loop while the second
should obviously stop it.
Actually I can't find a valid solution for doing such a stuff since
this is the first time I'm using a GUI toolkit.
Which is the best approach to use in such case?

Michele Simionato

Hi there.
Just for the heck of it I'd like to write a simple front-end for an
asyncore-based server I wrote by using Tkinter.
I wrote a simple graphical interface consisting of two buttons: "Start
server" and "Stop server".
The first button should start the asyncore main loop while the second
should obviously stop it.
Actually I can't find a valid solution for doing such a stuff since
this is the first time I'm using a GUI toolkit.
Which is the best approach to use in such case?

Twisted has Tkinter integration. If you don't want to use Twisted, you
could
run the asyncore loop in a separated thread with respect to the
Tkinter mainloop.

Michele Simionato