    is to include a panel that show HTML pages. Do you have any
    suggestions? I haven't found much.

    Thank you.
    Gilberto, May 17, 2010

  2. Gilberto

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 17-05-2010 04:12, Gilberto wrote:
    > Hi, I need to include a map using Google Maps in a Java standalone
    > application. I read something about it and I suppose the best solution
    > is to include a panel that show HTML pages. Do you have any
    > suggestions? I haven't found much.

    A panel that show HTML *and* interpret heavy JavaScript?

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, May 17, 2010

  3. On May 17, 10:12 am, Gilberto <> wrote:
    > Hi, I need to include a map using Google Maps in a Java standalone
    > application. I read something about it and I suppose the best solution
    > is to include a panel that show HTML pages. Do you have any
    > suggestions? I haven't found much.

    Google Maps come in two flavours: static and dynamic. The former is
    basically just an image accessed through an HTTP-based API, so it's
    quite easy to embed it in a Swing application. The latter is heavily
    JavaScript-based, so you'd need an embedded browser. If you only need
    to show the map, you might consider embedding a native browser panel.
    If you need to manipulate the map or get feedback from user input to
    the map, things get more complicated...

    Additionally, read carefully the fine print in the Google Maps terms
    of service. I don't know if you can embed them in a non-web
    application. At least the dynamic API has a concept of an API key
    which is tied to a specific domain.

    hth,
    Alessio
    Alessio Stalla, May 18, 2010
  4. Gilberto

    Gilberto Guest

    On May 18, 12:55 am, Arne Vajhøj <> wrote:
    > On 17-05-2010 04:12, Gilberto wrote:
    >
    > > Hi, I need to include a map using Google Maps in a Java standalone
    > > application.[CUT]

    > A panel that show HTML *and* interpret heavy JavaScript?

    Have you any suggestions?

    I'm evaluating Browser object in SWT.
    Gilberto, May 18, 2010
  5. Gilberto

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 18-05-2010 03:29, Gilberto wrote:
    > On May 18, 12:55 am, Arne Vajhøj<> wrote:
    >> On 17-05-2010 04:12, Gilberto wrote:
    >>> Hi, I need to include a map using Google Maps in a Java standalone
    >>> application.[CUT]

    >> A panel that show HTML *and* interpret heavy JavaScript?

    > Have you any suggestions?
    >
    > I'm evaluating Browser object in SWT.

    No. I just wanted to emphasize that Google maps is heavy
    JavaScript, which somewhat increases the requirements.

    I don't know that SWT browser object.

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, May 19, 2010