    --
    Paul G
    Software engineer.
    =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=, Nov 3, 2005

  2. You'll learn the critical changes needed by reading this :

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...s/dnaspp/html/aspnetmigrissues.asp?frame=true

    There's also a lot of background material here :

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnvs05/html/migratingtoaspnet2.asp

    Juan T. Llibre, ASP.NET MVP
    ASP.NET FAQ : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ======================================
    Juan T. Llibre, Nov 3, 2005

  3. ok thanks for the information. Looks like it is not a simple operation will
    have to read up on it.
    --
    Paul G
    Software engineer.

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=, Nov 3, 2005
  4. Yes. That helps.

    Also, check out the ASP.NET 2.0 QuickStart:
    http://beta.asp.net/quickstart/aspnet/Default.aspx

    It has examples of how basic things are done in ASP.NET,
    and you can view the source code for them.

    As of next Monday, Nov. 7, that URL will change to :
    http://www.asp.net/quickstart/aspnet/Default.aspx
    because ASP.NET 2.0 will no longer be in Beta !

    Whoopee !

    Good luck transitioning to ASP.NET from ASP!
    You'll be glad you did once you've done it!

    ;-)

    If you run into snags, you know where to ask questions, right ?

    ;-)

    Juan T. Llibre, Nov 3, 2005
  5. Yep do not think we are migrating to vs 2.0 here since we are very small.
    Definately would like to. Also would like to migrate to SQL2005 but may be
    awhile.
    --
    Paul G
    Software engineer.