Integrating old asp into asp.net

Guest

Hi just wondering if there is an easy way to do this as I am recieving asp
files as well as associated images and CSS files, also include files. I
created a project and added the files but when I try to run it it, Get the
error The include file 'includes/header.inc' was not found.
/new_internet/index.asp, line 24
Anyhow just wondering if this can work thanks.

Juan T. Llibre

Yes. That helps.

Also, check out the ASP.NET 2.0 QuickStart:
http://beta.asp.net/quickstart/aspnet/Default.aspx

It has examples of how basic things are done in ASP.NET,
and you can view the source code for them.

As of next Monday, Nov. 7, that URL will change to :
http://www.asp.net/quickstart/aspnet/Default.aspx
because ASP.NET 2.0 will no longer be in Beta !

Whoopee !

Good luck transitioning to ASP.NET from ASP!
You'll be glad you did once you've done it!

;-)

If you run into snags, you know where to ask questions, right ?

;-)

Paul said:
ok thanks for the information. Looks like it is not a simple operation will
have to read up on it.

Guest

Yep do not think we are migrating to vs 2.0 here since we are very small.
Definately would like to. Also would like to migrate to SQL2005 but may be
awhile.