Integrating SIP stack into J2EE application server

Al

I would like to add SIP stack to J2EE application server. I know that JCA
1.5 allows doing such thing. But JCA 1.5 is part of J2EE 1.4. Currently the
most J2EE vendors support J2EE 1.3. Can anybody share experience of
integrating a new protocol stack
into any J2EE application server?

Lee Fesperman

Al said:
I would like to add SIP stack to J2EE application server. I know that JCA
1.5 allows doing such thing. But JCA 1.5 is part of J2EE 1.4. Currently the
most J2EE vendors support J2EE 1.3. Can anybody share experience of
integrating a new protocol stack
into any J2EE application server?

I run JCA 1.5 using J2EE 1.2 with the separate 'zip' file. The harder problem may be to
find an application server that supports JCA 1.5.

Do you need JCA 1.5, rather than JCA 1.0? BTW, what is SIP?

Lee Fesperman

Steven said:
Session Initiation Protocol, used to make VoIP telephone calls.

Thanks, I just wondered why JCA 1.5 was needed. Perhaps, to receive calls? Just making
calls could use JCA 1.0.