Integration: response first, then do data processing

L-E Eriksson

Hello!

I am working on integrating two systems, one internal and one external.

I have a web site. One of my webpages are called from the external systems
with a http get. In the querystring i catch some variables. These values are
then sent to the database.

The external system requires that I acknowledge the http get call as soon as
possible with the text <Response ack="true"/>.

So I need to first send the response text to the external system and then
continue processing data. How can I achieve this best?

Regards

L-E

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Have you considered using web services rather than web sites? They are
standards based and can work on a variety of platforms from a variety of
vendors. They are also well supported as a method for integrating systems.

L-E Eriksson

Well, actually I do use web services in the solution, but in this specific
case the http get request is nothing I can change. The external system is
beyond my influence.

Regards

L-E Eriksson