Intel 8.0 compiler optimization switches

Peter Forthmann

Hi,

I am testing the Intel 8.0 Compiler for Linux. For all the sources I have compiled It produces a lot
faster code than the GNU g++ compiler. However, I must have something wrong, since I can't use the
-ipo and -xW options for interprocedural optimization and Pentium4 optimization, which is supposed
to give a lot of speed up on top.

When I add the -ipo switch everything compiles ok, but then I get the linker error:

/usr/bin/ld:cppobj/Debug_pf.o: file format not recognized; treating as linker script
/usr/bin/ld:cppobj/Debug_pf.o:1: parse error

With the -xW switch it compiles OK and tells me that it does some vectorization optimization, but
when it comes to linking, it errors out saying:

cppobj/spline_pf.o(.text+0x81): In function `CalcCubicSplineCoeffs(float*, int, float*)':
: undefined reference to `vmlsPow4'

Anybody an idea what could be wrong?

Thanks,

Peter.

Jack Klein

Hi,

I am testing the Intel 8.0 Compiler for Linux. For all the sources I have compiled It produces a lot

[snip]

Specific compilers, their invocation options, and their linkers are
all off-topic here. Try one of the groups, or Intel's technical support. This is not at all a language
issue.