    Any solution?
    At least how to fake so be able to compile , until i upgrade intel, too.
    Any better from reinstalling anything?
    nikaggel, Apr 7, 2006

  2. nikaggel

    Tim Prince Guest

    nikaggel wrote:
    > I installed intel c/c++ on suse linux 10.0. It worked fine.
    > I decided to upgrade the gcc version that is included in the package to a
    > later one. I took from the cvs trunk the 4.2.0 . Testsuites ok. I can say
    > it does work.
    > When I try to compile with icpc/icc i have the following .
    > "
    > command-line error: invalid GNU version number: 420
    >
    > compilation aborted for test.c (code 4)
    > "
    >

    > Any solution?
    > At least how to fake so be able to compile , until i upgrade intel, too.
    > Any better from reinstalling anything?

    Yes, you're Off Topic in most forums where you'd like to post, more so,
    with your cross posting.
    This is one of the reasons why I install gcc-4.2 in a directory off the
    default PATH. As long as you have gcc-4.0 or earlier on the PATH, icc
    will not complain.
    You can't expect full compatibility with a development gcc version,
    particularly on the C++ side.
    Tim Prince, Apr 7, 2006

  3. nikaggel

    Jack Klein Guest

    On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 03:07:51 +0300, nikaggel <>
    wrote in comp.lang.c:

    > Before state the question, I have to apologize of not having time to post
    > to intel forum , which is more proper, for this type of question.
    > :QUESTION

    What makes you think your problem with time entitles you to waste the
    time and bandwidth of two groups where your question is completely off
    topic?

    > I installed intel c/c++ on suse linux 10.0. It worked fine.
    > I decided to upgrade the gcc version that is included in the package to a
    > later one. I took from the cvs trunk the 4.2.0 . Testsuites ok. I can say
    > it does work.
    > When I try to compile with icpc/icc i have the following .
    > "
    > command-line error: invalid GNU version number: 420
    >
    > compilation aborted for test.c (code 4)
    > "

    Let's see, none of Intel, Suse, Linux, gcc, or "cvs trunk" is
    mentioned in either the C or C++ ISO standards.

    > Any solution?
    > At least how to fake so be able to compile , until i upgrade intel, too.
    > Any better from reinstalling anything?

    Maybe you should find the time to post to the Intel forums.

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com
    Jack Klein, Apr 7, 2006
  4. nikaggel <> writes:
    > Before state the question, I have to apologize of not having
    > time to post to intel forum , which is more proper, for this type of
    > question.
    > :QUESTION
    > I installed intel c/c++ on suse linux 10.0. It worked fine.
    > I decided to upgrade the gcc version that is included in the package to a
    > later one. I took from the cvs trunk the 4.2.0 . Testsuites ok. I can say
    > it does work.
    > When I try to compile with icpc/icc i have the following .
    > "
    > command-line error: invalid GNU version number: 420
    >
    > compilation aborted for test.c (code 4)
    > "

    This is a compiler question, not a language question.

    You say you didn't have time to post to the Intel forum. You've
    probably wasted more time posting here, where nobody necessarily knows
    anything about Intel's compilers, than you've saved (?) by not posting
    in the Intel forum in the first place.

    Keith Thompson, Apr 7, 2006