Intel c/c++ on linux system.

nikaggel

Before state the question, I have to apologize of not having time to post
to intel forum , which is more proper, for this type of question.
:QUESTION
I installed intel c/c++ on suse linux 10.0. It worked fine.
I decided to upgrade the gcc version that is included in the package to a
later one. I took from the cvs trunk the 4.2.0 . Testsuites ok. I can say
it does work.
When I try to compile with icpc/icc i have the following .
"
command-line error: invalid GNU version number: 420

compilation aborted for test.c (code 4)
"

Any solution?
At least how to fake so be able to compile , until i upgrade intel, too.
Any better from reinstalling anything?

Tim Prince

nikaggel said:
I installed intel c/c++ on suse linux 10.0. It worked fine.
I decided to upgrade the gcc version that is included in the package to a
later one. I took from the cvs trunk the 4.2.0 . Testsuites ok. I can say
it does work.
When I try to compile with icpc/icc i have the following .
"
command-line error: invalid GNU version number: 420

compilation aborted for test.c (code 4)
"

Any solution?
At least how to fake so be able to compile , until i upgrade intel, too.
Any better from reinstalling anything?
Yes, you're Off Topic in most forums where you'd like to post, more so,
with your cross posting.
This is one of the reasons why I install gcc-4.2 in a directory off the
default PATH. As long as you have gcc-4.0 or earlier on the PATH, icc
will not complain.
You can't expect full compatibility with a development gcc version,
particularly on the C++ side.

Jack Klein

Before state the question, I have to apologize of not having time to post
to intel forum , which is more proper, for this type of question.
:QUESTION

What makes you think your problem with time entitles you to waste the
time and bandwidth of two groups where your question is completely off
topic?
I installed intel c/c++ on suse linux 10.0. It worked fine.
I decided to upgrade the gcc version that is included in the package to a
later one. I took from the cvs trunk the 4.2.0 . Testsuites ok. I can say
it does work.
When I try to compile with icpc/icc i have the following .
"
command-line error: invalid GNU version number: 420

compilation aborted for test.c (code 4)
"

Let's see, none of Intel, Suse, Linux, gcc, or "cvs trunk" is
mentioned in either the C or C++ ISO standards.
Any solution?
At least how to fake so be able to compile , until i upgrade intel, too.
Any better from reinstalling anything?

Maybe you should find the time to post to the Intel forums.

Keith Thompson

nikaggel said:
Before state the question, I have to apologize of not having
time to post to intel forum , which is more proper, for this type of
question.
:QUESTION
I installed intel c/c++ on suse linux 10.0. It worked fine.
I decided to upgrade the gcc version that is included in the package to a
later one. I took from the cvs trunk the 4.2.0 . Testsuites ok. I can say
it does work.
When I try to compile with icpc/icc i have the following .
"
command-line error: invalid GNU version number: 420

compilation aborted for test.c (code 4)
"

This is a compiler question, not a language question.

You say you didn't have time to post to the Intel forum. You've
probably wasted more time posting here, where nobody necessarily knows
anything about Intel's compilers, than you've saved (?) by not posting
in the Intel forum in the first place.