Intellisense in VS.NET 2003 IDE (aspx Designer)

Brenton Unger

Greetings,

I've got a good one for you VS.net 2003 Gurus.

I've noticed that if VS.NET thinks my HTML is missing the <html> and
an .aspx file.

I've taken a look at the asp.xsd schema and the ie5_0.xsd schemas and
can't find anywhere that links the 2 together. Also, if I'm editing an
ascx control, I get all the intellisense I need for the controls as if
I were in the <body> tag...

Is there a way to "trick" the IDE so that I don't have to put <html>
and <body> tags inside my .aspx files? I ask because I already have the
opening html/head/body tags inside ascx controls that an inherited form
loads for me. All of my aspx pages simply have to contain the body
content, without actually defining it <html> and <body> tags.

On a side note, everything compiles perfectly, and my output is
beautiful, I just want intellisense in the designer!!

TIA

-Brenton

Brenton Unger

This is really easy to reproduce:

1. New web project.
2. Add a user control to the project.
3. Go to the html design view of the control, and type "<" and notice
that asp:* controls are available.
4. Go to the html design view of the WebForm1.aspx page and type "<",
no asp:* controls unless you have typed "<html><body><"

Anybody? There's got to be a way....