Intenet Explorer wants to reboot

Scott Herter

We have an ActiveX control that is managed code and loads a .NET DLL so it
can make WebService calls to the back end. The back end is not ADO.NET
which is why we did it this way. All of this is packaged up in a CAB file
and placed on the web page with an object tag.

When we upgrade the ActiveX control and update its version number Internet
Explorer upgrades the control and continues without a problem. When we
update the .NET DLL and change its version number, Internet Explorer wants
to reboot the system for changes to take affect. Is there some way to make
the changes without a reboot being called for, or is there something special
about .NET DLLs that requires a reboot?