Interact with secundairy form.

Edwin Knoppert

I'm looking for a javascript solution (NOT using ASAX) to popup a 2nd form
which invokes an .ASPX url.
Nothing fancy, the 2nd form get's a result in the html.

The 1st form should wait until 2nd form has completed execution, the 2nd
form may be terminated by the user via the close button.
Then the 1st form needs some info from the 2nd form, i'm thinking of some
kind of innerHTML reading.

Does someone has an example to do this?

The result in the 2nd form is most likely made invisible using some div
statement.
So i could try to read that div's innerHTML ?

Thanks,

Edwin Knoppert

I know how 'over-strict' some of you people are.
I could subscribe to every newsgroup but the way i see it, and maybe some of
us see it this way, a group like this could handle all kinds of questions
related to asp.net somehow.
While this isn't asp.net question per se, i'm an asp.net programmer and i
prefer to use as little groups as possible and still get a (total) solution.

+ if i subscribe to a javascript group and post this question, i might
abandon the group to soon because of my lack of interest, others might
dislike that.
This group has my main interest.

O and btw, in many cases someone always has to tell...
Not seem to realize a topic like this isn't even read after 2 days.

Joseph Ferris

Quite possibly, the reason that Bruce gave you the answer that he did,
is that you would tend the get the best answer for you question in a
Javascript group. I wouldn't ask a vegetarian newsgroup where I could
find a good steak, just because I happened to subscribe to it.

Also, in the 10+ years that I have participated in Usenet, I have never
run accross the mentality that people would "dislike" subscribing to a
group to ask a question and leaving the group afterwards. Usenet is
intended as just another means to share information, it is not a social
club.

We understand that you are frustrated, as we all have been there. On
that note, try the irt.Org JavaScript FAQ. Specifically, look at the
articles related to the Window object. Perhaps, FAQ 40 or FAQ 166 is
of use?

http://www.irt.org/script/window.htm

Joseph

Edwin Knoppert

A good steak is in no way related to vegetarions.. since they don't use/eat
it.
JS is part of internet programming.

Frustrated, mwah, not really about the examples, i simply keep on searching.
Maybe i have misunderstood the intentions.
But i guess you did not misunderstood my reaction, some people seem to live
for telling me i can't ask a simple side-ways related question (who cares is
my attitude)

Well, i keep your remark in mind and might want to participate a JS group as
well.
After all, i said my posts would be lost in 2 days, so would he on a JS
forum so my remark does not hold ground anyways :)

Joseph Ferris

I use Google Groups now, myself. Adding and removing group
subscriptions is very quick and painless. I don't think I'll ever go
back to a desktop app to read my news again. ;-)

Maybe my analogy wasn't the best, but my point was that the "premier"
JavaScript talent might just not be hanging out here. ;-)

Joseph

Edwin Knoppert

It's ok Joseph, i got the picture, while i like to meet people doing similar
things as i do over here, i might indeed look for a solid JS forum.

Edwin,
:)