interacting windows application

Guest

i have files having extensions .txt,.doc,.jpg,.cst etc. in datagrid with full qualified path.i want to open the file for view and edit in their respective application from a button in aspx page.plase help me to solve the problem
thanks

adnan boz

Hi,
Method 1) Add a hyperlink column to your datagrid where. for a sample, the
path is the document url and the filename is the text.
The user will able to click and download/open the document.
Method 2) Post your document url to a frame / iframe / window.open or to
something else, on datagrid row/cell click.
The document will be shown;
on browser viewable documents directly (hangs up to the meta type),
on plugin loaded clients within a plugin (like word/excel etc.) and
downloaded on other types.
Method 3) Spend your one month on writing your own AX control and display it
internally.

Take care of the client document editing programs file open support.
To be able to edit the document the client must access the document directly
and not from IE's temporary cache.

Good Luck
Adnan