Interacting with Mozilla DOM?

Kenneth McDonald

I'm trying to figure out a way of controlling/interacting with the
Mozilla DOM without JavaScript, and in a not-too-hacky way. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Ken

MonkeeSage

Kenneth said:
I'm trying to figure out a way of controlling/interacting with the
Mozilla DOM without JavaScript, and in a not-too-hacky way. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Ken

Depending on your OS...on *nix there is gtkmozembed, which has ruby
bindings [1]. There's also rbXPCOM (looks old) [2]. I've never used
either, so I don't know how well they work (if at all).

[1] http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?Gtk::MozEmbed
(more examples here
http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?RubyGecko)
[2] http://www.mozilla.org/catalog/architecture/xpcom/rbxpcom/