Interacting with Outlook

Brian

Hi all,

I am looking to interact with Outlook to send mail in much the same way that
a MailTo would. For example, I would like to be able to open a new mail
message window and populate the subject and body. At this point the user
would be able to enter the recipients and sent the message.

I know that I can do all of this behind the seens with SendMail, but I would
like the user to have access to their contact list and not have to type all
the adresses out on a form.

Is this even possible?

Thanks,

Brian

Craig Deelsnyder

Hmmm, if Outlook is their default mail application, doesn't mailto: then
open Outlook as you're asking? I thought a mailto: link would open a
'compose' window in the user's default mail app...

If it's not their default mail app, you can't launch programs on the
user's PC without using something like an Active X control; you can't
access a user's computer/programs with 'normal' web technologies.

Alternatively, you may be able to build a webform of your own for the
compose window, which could query the Exchange Server for recipients,
etc. on the fly. Never done it myself, but I'm sure it's doable.