Interaction between MSIE and Firefox

fred.what's.his.name@?

I had a problem on my new computer regarding downloading music videos
from youtube. When I finally tracked down the reason, it was because
I had put one of the security slides in MS Internet Explorer at its
highest setting. The point is this: I never use MSIE. I ALWAYS use
Firefox. So, how/why did a setting in MS Crapola Browser affect my
downloading with Firefox 3.5.2?

Neredbojias

I had a problem on my new computer regarding downloading music videos
from youtube. When I finally tracked down the reason, it was because
I had put one of the security slides in MS Internet Explorer at its
highest setting. The point is this: I never use MSIE. I ALWAYS use
Firefox. So, how/why did a setting in MS Crapola Browser affect my
downloading with Firefox 3.5.2?

Are you sure? This reminds me of the time Jonathan's cousin, Chicken
thought the sky was falling.

Andy

I had a problem on my new computer regarding downloading music videos
from youtube. When I finally tracked down the reason, it was because
I had put one of the security slides in MS Internet Explorer at its
highest setting. The point is this: I never use MSIE. I ALWAYS use
Firefox. So, how/why did a setting in MS Crapola Browser affect my
downloading with Firefox 3.5.2?

Hi,

It's not really an Internet Explorer setting, rather it's Windows Internet
settings (Control Panel) with a handy link built in to IE.

Hope that makes sense.

Andy

Jonathan N. Little

Neredbojias said:
Are you sure? This reminds me of the time Jonathan's cousin, Chicken
thought the sky was falling.

Har har! Like I never heard that one before. And in case you are
wondering Robin is doing just fine...

Jonathan N. Little

Andy said:
Hi,

It's not really an Internet Explorer setting, rather it's Windows
Internet settings (Control Panel) with a handy link built in to IE.

Hope that makes sense.

I believe you are incorrect. The security settings applies to the
"zones" that MS Internet Explorer uses to determine whether a resource
in local or remote...remember since IE4 Internet Explorer is also
*Windows* Explorer you local file management tool. Firefox cannot do
file management and does not recognize these "zone" definitions. You can
disable JavaScript via the Internet Settings in the control panel and
IE will no longer run JavaScript but I till work just fine in Firefox.
You have to disable it within Firefox to disable it. Firefox is
independent of IE, thank &deity;!

To OP, must be some coincidence or something else at play. Your firewall
perhaps?

Neredbojias

Har har! Like I never heard that one before. And in case you are
wondering Robin is doing just fine...

I thought he died 3-4 hundred years ago?

Anyway, 'been reading about a few of them Arab oil baron types. Some
are so rich it's disgusting. One guy even had a whole ship made out of
gem stones! Ever hear of the Ruby Yacht of Omar Khayyam?

fred.what's.his.name@?

Hi,

It's not really an Internet Explorer setting, rather it's Windows Internet
settings (Control Panel) with a handy link built in to IE.

Hope that makes sense.

Andy

Close enuf for jazz. It let me know that what happened wasn't
abnormal.

Thanks.