    highest setting. The point is this: I never use MSIE. I ALWAYS use
    Firefox. So, how/why did a setting in MS Crapola Browser affect my
    downloading with Firefox 3.5.2?
    fred.what's.his.name@?, Sep 19, 2009

  2. fred.what's.his.name@?

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 18 Sep 2009, fred.what's.his.name@? wrote:

    > I had a problem on my new computer regarding downloading music videos
    > from youtube. When I finally tracked down the reason, it was because
    > I had put one of the security slides in MS Internet Explorer at its
    > highest setting. The point is this: I never use MSIE. I ALWAYS use
    > Firefox. So, how/why did a setting in MS Crapola Browser affect my
    > downloading with Firefox 3.5.2?

    Are you sure? This reminds me of the time Jonathan's cousin, Chicken
    thought the sky was falling.

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.org/
    Neredbojias, Sep 19, 2009

  3. fred.what's.his.name@?

    Andy Guest

    <fred.what's.his.name@?> wrote in message
    >I had a problem on my new computer regarding downloading music videos
    > from youtube. When I finally tracked down the reason, it was because
    > I had put one of the security slides in MS Internet Explorer at its
    > highest setting. The point is this: I never use MSIE. I ALWAYS use
    > Firefox. So, how/why did a setting in MS Crapola Browser affect my
    > downloading with Firefox 3.5.2?

    Hi,

    It's not really an Internet Explorer setting, rather it's Windows Internet
    settings (Control Panel) with a handy link built in to IE.

    Hope that makes sense.

    Andy
    Andy, Sep 19, 2009
  4. Neredbojias wrote:

    > Are you sure? This reminds me of the time Jonathan's cousin, Chicken
    > thought the sky was falling.

    Har har! Like I never heard that one before. And in case you are
    wondering Robin is doing just fine...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Sep 19, 2009
  5. Andy wrote:

    > <fred.what's.his.name@?> wrote in message
    >> I had a problem on my new computer regarding downloading music videos
    >> from youtube. When I finally tracked down the reason, it was because
    >> I had put one of the security slides in MS Internet Explorer at its
    >> highest setting. The point is this: I never use MSIE. I ALWAYS use
    >> Firefox. So, how/why did a setting in MS Crapola Browser affect my
    >> downloading with Firefox 3.5.2?

    > Hi,
    >
    > It's not really an Internet Explorer setting, rather it's Windows
    > Internet settings (Control Panel) with a handy link built in to IE.
    >
    > Hope that makes sense.

    I believe you are incorrect. The security settings applies to the
    "zones" that MS Internet Explorer uses to determine whether a resource
    in local or remote...remember since IE4 Internet Explorer is also
    *Windows* Explorer you local file management tool. Firefox cannot do
    file management and does not recognize these "zone" definitions. You can
    disable JavaScript via the Internet Settings in the control panel and
    IE will no longer run JavaScript but I till work just fine in Firefox.
    You have to disable it within Firefox to disable it. Firefox is
    independent of IE, thank &deity;!

    To OP, must be some coincidence or something else at play. Your firewall
    perhaps?

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, Sep 19, 2009
  6. fred.what's.his.name@?

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 19 Sep 2009, "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:

    > Neredbojias wrote:
    >
    >> Are you sure? This reminds me of the time Jonathan's cousin,
    >> Chicken thought the sky was falling.
    >>

    > Har har! Like I never heard that one before. And in case you are
    > wondering Robin is doing just fine...

    I thought he died 3-4 hundred years ago?

    Anyway, 'been reading about a few of them Arab oil baron types. Some
    are so rich it's disgusting. One guy even had a whole ship made out of
    gem stones! Ever hear of the Ruby Yacht of Omar Khayyam?

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.org/
    Neredbojias, Sep 20, 2009
  7. On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 06:24:41 +0100, "Andy"
    <> wrote:

    ><fred.what's.his.name@?> wrote in message
    >>I had a problem on my new computer regarding downloading music videos
    >> from youtube. When I finally tracked down the reason, it was because
    >> I had put one of the security slides in MS Internet Explorer at its
    >> highest setting. The point is this: I never use MSIE. I ALWAYS use
    >> Firefox. So, how/why did a setting in MS Crapola Browser affect my
    >> downloading with Firefox 3.5.2?

    >Hi,
    >
    >It's not really an Internet Explorer setting, rather it's Windows Internet
    >settings (Control Panel) with a handy link built in to IE.
    >
    >Hope that makes sense.
    >

    >Andy

    Close enuf for jazz. It let me know that what happened wasn't
    abnormal.

    Thanks.
    fred.what's.his.name@?, Sep 20, 2009