Interactive apps with Python

sunilkjin

Folks,
I am trying to build an interactive test application. I
would like to generate interactive commands to an existing
server(ftpd)
so commands like ftp 192.68.20.1
ace>login: xxxx
ace >password : yyyy
I should be able to mimic human intervention. Is this possible in
perl.
I do not want to add delay's . I prefer synching with the server. I
know this is possible in Expect. Is there any other scripting language
this is possible in say Tcl/tk/Perl/Python/Ruby? What language do you
suggest for such application? this feature in addition with strong
parsing capabilities is what I am looking for.
Thanks in advance
Sunil

Michael Torrie

Folks,
I am trying to build an interactive test application. I
would like to generate interactive commands to an existing
server(ftpd)
so commands like ftp 192.68.20.1
ace>login: xxxx
ace >password : yyyy
I should be able to mimic human intervention. Is this possible in
perl.
I do not want to add delay's . I prefer synching with the server. I
know this is possible in Expect. Is there any other scripting language
this is possible in say Tcl/tk/Perl/Python/Ruby? What language do you
suggest for such application? this feature in addition with strong
parsing capabilities is what I am looking for
Perhaps this would fit the bill:

http://www.noah.org/wiki/Pexpect