    http://bit.ly/Python_Text_Adventure_Authoring_System

    http://bit.ly/simple_interactive_fiction_engine

    http://bit.ly/adventure_engines_in_Python
    George Oliver, Jul 15, 2009

  2. George Oliver <> writes:

    > hi, I'm just curious who might be working on interactive fiction
    > modules in the style of Inform or TADS for Python. I've seen a few
    > threads on this list [1] (among many that mention IF tangentially),
    > and there are old projects like PUB and PAWS. There are some newer
    > potential projects such as Curveship as well. In any case I'd like to
    > see what's out there.

    I'd be interested in checking out such a project, but I don't really see
    the point in starting one. There are already several great IF tools out
    there that are already freely available! The only reason I would see to
    start one is either for pure intellectual curiosity or because you have
    some feature ideas that no one else has implemented (and you'd rather
    cash in on the potential glory than submit a patch!).

    Best of luck finding what you're looking for... but maybe you should
    start writing one yourself and post here about it! :)

    Cheers

    J Kenneth King, Jul 16, 2009

  3. George Oliver

    Terry Reedy Guest

    J Kenneth King wrote:
    > George Oliver <> writes:
    >
    >> hi, I'm just curious who might be working on interactive fiction
    >> modules in the style of Inform or TADS for Python. I've seen a few
    >> threads on this list [1] (among many that mention IF tangentially),
    >> and there are old projects like PUB and PAWS. There are some newer
    >> potential projects such as Curveship as well. In any case I'd like to
    >> see what's out there.

    www.renpy.org

    Visual novel engine written in Python, with full access to Python as
    needed. Download includes a tutorial written with renpy. You can look as
    source code in a separate window as you go (at least earlier version I
    used did). Also has 150+ free games/novels to download.

    "Ren'Py is a free and cross-platform engine that helps you use words,
    pictures, and sounds to tell stories with the computer."

    Terry Jan Reedy
    Terry Reedy, Jul 16, 2009