    python.

    Thanks,
    Nik

    nik, Jul 12, 2007

  2. nik

    James Stroud Guest

    nik wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am looking for an interactive graphical script builder for python.
    > Basically, something like the os X automator. I have made a group of
    > methods that some non-programmers need to combine into a script. I
    > don't need a python IDE necessarially, but more of a sequence builder.
    > I am imagining a tool that could show graphical representations of my
    > different commands and then string them together in a single "script."
    > I've done a lot of googling, and the closest things that I can find
    > are apple automator or labview, but before I go through the process of
    > making one of those interact with python I would like to know if
    > anybody already knows of something like them that is more tuned to
    > python.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Nik

    Check out Viper at Scripps (Sanner, lab). He has a prototype of this
    type of thing for working with molecular models. I'm not sure how the
    code is liscensed.

    --
    James Stroud
    Box 951570

    http://www.jamesstroud.com/

    James Stroud, Jul 14, 2007

  3. nik

    Robert Kern Guest

    James Stroud wrote:
    > nik wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I am looking for an interactive graphical script builder for python.
    >> Basically, something like the os X automator. I have made a group of
    >> methods that some non-programmers need to combine into a script. I
    >> don't need a python IDE necessarially, but more of a sequence builder.
    >> I am imagining a tool that could show graphical representations of my
    >> different commands and then string them together in a single "script."
    >> I've done a lot of googling, and the closest things that I can find
    >> are apple automator or labview, but before I go through the process of
    >> making one of those interact with python I would like to know if
    >> anybody already knows of something like them that is more tuned to
    >> python.

    > Check out Viper at Scripps (Sanner, lab). He has a prototype of this
    > type of thing for working with molecular models. I'm not sure how the
    > code is liscensed.

    It's called Vision, now, and it's only available for noncommercial, scientific
    research use.

    http://www.scripps.edu/~sanner/python/vision/index.html

    --
    Robert Kern

    an underlying truth."
    -- Umberto Eco

    Robert Kern, Jul 14, 2007
  4. nik

    Stef Mientki Guest

    nik wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am looking for an interactive graphical script builder for python.
    > Basically, something like the os X automator. I have made a group of
    > methods that some non-programmers need to combine into a script. I
    > don't need a python IDE necessarially, but more of a sequence builder.
    > I am imagining a tool that could show graphical representations of my
    > different commands and then string them together in a single "script."
    > I've done a lot of googling, and the closest things that I can find
    > are apple automator or labview, but before I go through the process of
    > making one of those interact with python I would like to know if
    > anybody already knows of something like them that is more tuned to
    > python.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Nik

    there's already someone who made a start to create a "free python labview",
    it's called Pyxel form Erik Lechak, an ogl-like interface.

    cheers,
    Stef Mientki

    Stef Mientki, Jul 14, 2007