Interactive map design ideas

Claus Larsen

Looking for websites which make good use of interactive maps as part of
their search form.

What I'm thinking of is a map where people can select state,county,city
or something similar for where they want to do their search.

Not thinking of sites where a new page is loaded everytime you click on
the map, but interactive using javascript or flash.

So if you got an example of a site like this, let me know, I need some
new ideas :)

Thanks,
Claus

hywel.jenkins

Claus said:
Looking for websites which make good use of interactive maps as part of
their search form.

What I'm thinking of is a map where people can select state,county,city
or something similar for where they want to do their search.

I can't believe you need to ask:

http://maps.google.com/

Claus Larsen

I can't believe you need to ask:

http://maps.google.com/

Thanks, but...

This is not the thing I am looking for.
I was thinking more of some real estate page, vacation homes, cars,
where the map is just a part of the search form and being used to select
one or more area for the search.

/Claus

hywel.jenkins

Claus said:
Thanks, but...

This is not the thing I am looking for.
I was thinking more of some real estate page, vacation homes, cars,
where the map is just a part of the search form and being used to select
one or more area for the search.

I'm sure you could use the Goolge Maps APIs to do that. People do all
sorts of weird and wonderful stuff with it.