Interactive plotting library

Ryan Mohr

Anyone know of a good library that can be used to generate embeddable
interactive plots? I'm hoping to embed the plot within a wxRuby GUI and
allow users to interact with the plot using the mouse (coordinate
querying, zooming, basic drawing tools like lines and circles...). I'm
thinking something similar to JFreeCharts but for Ruby, that's
compatible with both Windows and OS X.

I'm about to start working on a new project that relies heavily on
interactive charts. If I can't find a Ruby library I'm going to have to
go with C# or Java and I'd really prefer not to!

Thanks for the help,
-Ryan

Joined
Dec 9, 2013
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Plotly Gem for Interactive Plots

Hey Ryan,

Plotly has a gem that allows you to draw beautiful, interactive charts with Ruby.

You can install with install > gem install plotly.

All the best,