    is there a way to get these urls as they're loaded? I figured
    javascript would be a better option over php.

    Thanks for any help

    decepti0n, Mar 2, 2008

  2. decepti0n

    Erwin Moller Guest

    decepti0n wrote:
    > Hi there, I know flash can load external urls (for example xml files),
    > is there a way to get these urls as they're loaded? I figured
    > javascript would be a better option over php.
    >
    > Thanks for any help

    Hi,

    Why not let Flash tell it to Javascript when you need it?

    Google for "flash javascript communication".
    Here is the first hit:
    http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_15683

    Regards,
    Erwin Moller

    Erwin Moller, Mar 3, 2008

  3. decepti0n

    decepti0n Guest

    Heh, because I don't own the flash. I can do what I want manually, but
    it takes a while, I was just curious if it was possible in any way so
    that I could automate the process.

    decepti0n, Mar 3, 2008
  4. decepti0n

    Erwin Moller Guest

    decepti0n wrote:
    > Heh, because I don't own the flash. I can do what I want manually, but
    > it takes a while, I was just curious if it was possible in any way so
    > that I could automate the process.

    Hmm, ok.
    So you need a way to intercept the Flash request for a new URL to the
    browser?
    I don't think Javascript can help you there.
    You could make an onUnload handler, that is fired when the page is left,
    but I do not know how to capture the new, freshly requested, url.

    Regards,
    Erwin

    Erwin Moller, Mar 4, 2008