    similar functionality before I went ahead with the project though.

    Cheers,
    Bryan Rasmussen
    bryan rasmussen, Oct 9, 2006

  2. bryan rasmussen

    TheSeeker Guest

    bryan rasmussen wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've been looking at autohotkey to do some different usability hacks
    > for windows http://www.autohotkey.com/
    > one of the benefits of this language is it allows one to catch
    > keyboard usage, joystick usage, and mouse usage inputs very easily at
    > a global level or at application levels by watching applications for
    > events within the applications.
    >
    > I was wondering if there were any python libraries that provided
    > similar functionality before I went ahead with the project though.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Bryan Rasmussen

    You might take a look at pyHook:
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=65529&package_id=92632
    TheSeeker, Oct 9, 2006

  3. bryan rasmussen

    Jordan Guest

    Another option is to look at pywin32, which I believe has the
    SetWindowsHook[Ex] commands, or to use ctypes (which is built in if
    you're using python2.5) to load the neccessary dll's to use that
    function. However, pyHook should be good unless you need something for
    the joystick (don't think that's covered), or for detecting system or
    dead keys (unless pyHook has been updated recently, the last time I
    checked the docs said it didn't capture those keys).

    Good Luck,
    Jordan

    Jordan, Oct 9, 2006