Intercepting onchange()

Christoph Boget

I'm using a widget/control (a date picker), which I don't really have any
control over, that is programmatically updating a text field. I'm curious
if there is any way I can determine when the value of the text field is
changed? I've tried setting the onchange for the field in the markup but
because the value is being set programmatically, that event never triggers.

Apart from setting up an interval, is there any other way to determine when
a value of a field changes if it's not the user setting the value?

thnx,
Christoph

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Christoph said:
I'm using a widget/control (a date picker), which I don't really have any
control over,

Why do you think so?
that is programmatically updating a text field. [...]
Apart from setting up an interval, is there any other way to determine when
a value of a field changes if it's not the user setting the value?

I don't think so. I would use a self-setting timeout, though.

PointedEars