Intercepting the keyboard again

Fabian

I have a script that intercepts the arrow keys. I also have a dropdown
menu using SELECT tags. However, when the dropdown menu has the focus, I
do not want the script to intercept the keyboard. How do I detect
whether the dropdown form object has focus?

Fabian

Fabian hu kiteb:
I have a script that intercepts the arrow keys. I also have a dropdown
menu using SELECT tags. However, when the dropdown menu has the
focus, I do not want the script to intercept the keyboard. How do I
detect whether the dropdown form object has focus?

I found a solution. I set an ignore variable with onfocus and onblur for
that dropdown, and then test that ignore variable before running any
commands based on keyboard inputs.