interesting table lesson

dave reno

I've been in and out of this group in lurking mode for some time and thought I'd
pass along a "new" trick to newbees. Whilst playing around with an idea I found
out something about tables quite by accident. I had wanted text above and below
a table but got text to the right of the table instead. Huh? So I experimented
and found that the cause of this was the "align=left" attribute.
Now could I do this with two tables? As one does in css with floating two
divisions side by side? Sure enough. The "right" and "left" has the same effect
as "float". So now I know I can put even independent tables side by side if and
when the mood strikes.
I don't know when I would do such a thing, but it is interesting to have learned
that little trick. Just thought I'd pass it along to for newbees and others to
play with.

Great group.

Sid Ismail

: Now could I do this with two tables? As one does in css with floating two
: divisions side by side? Sure enough. The "right" and "left" has the same effect
: as "float".

The "float" in CSS came to replace the now-deprecated align.

Sid

informant

dave reno said:
I've been in and out of this group in lurking mode for some time

Yes, a usual disclaimer.
and thought I'd
pass along a "new" trick to newbees. Whilst playing around with an idea I found
out something about tables quite by accident. I had wanted text above and below
a table but got text to the right of the table instead. Huh? So I experimented
and found that the cause of this was the "align=left" attribute.

You got a website that shows this? Not this one, I hope.
www.1-large-world.com/70hour
Now could I do this with two tables? As one does in css with floating two
divisions side by side? Sure enough. The "right" and "left" has the same effect
as "float". So now I know I can put even independent tables side by side if and
when the mood strikes.

Bully for you. You got an example of this to show? It's not this, is it?
www.1-large-world.com/70hour
I don't know when I would do such a thing, but it is interesting to have learned
that little trick. Just thought I'd pass it along to for newbees and others to
play with.

Great group.

Yeah, it is when "Richard" Bullis and his sockpuppets don't intefere.

From: dave reno <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: alt.html
Subject: interesting table lesson
Date: 26 Nov 2003 10:36:30 -0800