    that little trick. Just thought I'd pass it along to for newbees and others to
    play with.

    Great group.
    dave reno, Nov 26, 2003

  2. dave reno

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On 26 Nov 2003 10:36:30 -0800, dave reno <> wrote:

    : Now could I do this with two tables? As one does in css with floating two
    : divisions side by side? Sure enough. The "right" and "left" has the same effect
    : as "float".

    The "float" in CSS came to replace the now-deprecated align.

    Sid
    Sid Ismail, Nov 26, 2003

  3. dave reno

    informant Guest

    "dave reno" <> wrote in message
    > I've been in and out of this group in lurking mode for some time

    Yes, a usual disclaimer.

    >and thought I'd
    > pass along a "new" trick to newbees. Whilst playing around with an idea I

    found
    > out something about tables quite by accident. I had wanted text above and

    below
    > a table but got text to the right of the table instead. Huh? So I

    experimented
    > and found that the cause of this was the "align=left" attribute.

    You got a website that shows this? Not this one, I hope.
    www.1-large-world.com/70hour

    > Now could I do this with two tables? As one does in css with floating two
    > divisions side by side? Sure enough. The "right" and "left" has the same

    effect
    > as "float". So now I know I can put even independent tables side by side

    if and
    > when the mood strikes.

    Bully for you. You got an example of this to show? It's not this, is it?
    www.1-large-world.com/70hour

    > I don't know when I would do such a thing, but it is interesting to have

    learned
    > that little trick. Just thought I'd pass it along to for newbees and

    others to
    > play with.
    >
    > Great group.

    Yeah, it is when "Richard" Bullis and his sockpuppets don't intefere.

    From: dave reno <>
    Newsgroups: alt.html
    Subject: interesting table lesson
    Date: 26 Nov 2003 10:36:30 -0800