Interesting VC-Backed Start-Up Company

andrewljohnson

Good Afternoon All,

I wanted to share a job posting from the company I recently joined
(based in Pittsburgh). It's an interesting Java-based software start-up
out of Carnegie Mellon. This is the developer posting. We also have
openings for field sales engineers/consultants.

Think analysis and high-dependability computing. I think you will agree
that the principals of the company have good background in this facet
of CS. See the Fluid project site: http://www.fluid.cs.cmu.edu

Please drop me a note if you are interested.

Regards,
Andrew
(e-mail address removed)

***Java Software Engineer (Three Openings - Infrastructure, Analysis,
and GUI)***

SureLogic, an early-stage, venture-backed software company, is hiring
experienced Java engineers. This is your opportunity to help build a
start-up venture where your expertise and problem-solving skills drive
the success of the company.

SureLogic helps developers create software that works, offering
software and services that assure reliability by targeting critical
aspects of source code. SureLogic focuses on attributes such as safe
concurrency, policy compliance, and other aspects of the code that are
traditionally hard to assure.

SureLogic is a well-funded company based on a decade of research from
the Fluid project at Carnegie Mellon University. The company received
venture-backing from Saturn Asset Management and InnovationWorks in
September 2006. For more information on the Fluid project, please visit
http://www.fluid.cs.cmu.edu

*Openings for Experienced Java Engineers*
Join SureLogic's Java engineering team and take a leading role in the
design and creation of advanced software development tools. This is an
opportunity to work in a small, collaborative team bringing a new
technology to market. You will work with leading experts in high
dependability computing and software assurance, advancing the state of
the art in code analysis and quality applications. SureLogic has
openings for the following developer positions:

· Java Engineer (Infrastructure)
· Java Engineer (Analysis)
· Java Engineer (GUI)

Minimum Overall Requirements:

· B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
(advanced degree is a plus)
· 3+ years professional Java experience, or extensive experience in
code analysis and software assurance
· Experience in commercialization of products also a plus

Software Engineer (Infrastructure)
Build and improve the core infrastructure for our tool set.

· Design and augment core data structures and libraries
· Build and refine backend interfaces with Eclipse, IntelliJ,
JBuilder, etc.
· Check for and resolve performance issues (memory leaks, inefficient
code)

Preferred Qualifications
· 5+ years professional Java experience
· Extensive experience with IDE/compiler internals
· Experience with Eclipse/JDT
· Experience with Java concurrency

Software Engineer (Analysis)
Design code analyses and tools to continually expand our capabilities.
Create new analyses, refine our current analyses, and be a key driver
of our product roadmap.

· Work with infrastructure engineers to create core analysis
infrastructure (e.g., control-flow analysis)
· Develop specific analyses
· Build extensions to existing analyses

Preferred Qualifications
· Masters/PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related
field
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Extensive experience with control/data flow analyses, type
inference

Software Engineer (GUI)
Make our tools intuitive for users. Create views that will help our
users understand the issues found by our tools.

· Work with analysis developers to develop use cases to determine
what
views/editors would be useful
· Design and build views to visualize code quality status/metrics

Preferred Qualifications
· 5+ years professional Java experience
· Experience with SWT/JFace/Eclipse and building IDE plug-ins
· HCI and design experience a plus
· Requires experience with the various Java issues that we tackle
(e.g.,
concurrency, policy compliance, etc)

SureLogic offers a generous compensation package, including healthcare,
401K, stock options, and a competitive salary.

Tris Orendorff

(e-mail address removed) burped up warm pablum in
Good Afternoon All,

I wanted to share a job posting from the company I recently joined
(based in Pittsburgh). It's an interesting Java-based software start-up
out of Carnegie Mellon. This is the developer posting. We also have
openings for field sales engineers/consultants.

Think analysis and high-dependability computing. I think you will agree
that the principals of the company have good background in this facet
of CS. See the Fluid project site: http://www.fluid.cs.cmu.edu

Please drop me a note if you are interested.

SureLogic offers a generous compensation package, including healthcare,
401K, stock options, and a competitive salary.

What is the VC's exit strategy?

--
Sincerely,

Tris Orendorff
[Q: What kind of modem did Jimi Hendrix use?
A: A purple Hayes.]