Interfacing Python crypto library

Discussion in 'Python' started by Gandalf, Jun 15, 2004.

  1. Gandalf

    Gandalf Guest

    Hi All!

    I have an interesting problem here. I have written a Delphi program that
    should connect to a server written in Python. I'm using a package called
    DCP for encryption in Delphi and the well known pycrypto library in Python.

    Delphi lib: {* DCPcrypt v2.0 written by David Barton
    () **********}
    Python lib: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pycrypto

    For example, the SHA1 algorithm of DCPCrypt and Python seems to be
    binary compatible. I want to use a symmetric cipher in CFB (8 bit) mode.
    Using the same key, cipher type (Blowfish) and the same plaintext, these
    libraries return different ciphertext values. Is there a way to make
    them binary compatible? I do not insist on these two libraries. If
    somebody can tell me two libraries that can work together with Delphi
    and Python that will be perfect. I would be satisfied with a stand-alone
    cipher too. The main point here is that my Delphi program will be a
    native windows application. I do not want to install Python and I do not
    want to use Python4Delphi on the client machines. Any ideas welcome.

    Best,

    Laszlo Nagy

    Gandalf, Jun 15, 2004