    1. using/interacting the Python interpreter from VB6

    Any pointers/demos etc are very welcome - and if this has already been
    done, please let me know, so I can learn from what someone else has done

    Anonymous, Oct 3, 2007

  2. > On Behalf Of Anonymous
    > This requires several steps, but the one I am having most
    > problem finding info on is the ff:
    >
    > 1. using/interacting the Python interpreter from VB6

    One way to do this might be by creating a COM server with Python, and having
    VB feed it lines of text and then collect results of execution for display.

    win32com has demos of COM servers.

    --
    Regards,
    Ryan Ginstrom

    Ryan Ginstrom, Oct 3, 2007

  3. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    Ryan Ginstrom wrote:

    >>On Behalf Of Anonymous
    >>This requires several steps, but the one I am having most
    >>problem finding info on is the ff:
    >>
    >>1. using/interacting the Python interpreter from VB6

    > One way to do this might be by creating a COM server with Python, and having
    > VB feed it lines of text and then collect results of execution for display.
    >
    > win32com has demos of COM servers.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Ryan Ginstrom

    Hi Ryan, do you have a link to the resources you mentioned?. I did a
    search for win32com - and found this :
    http://python.net/crew/mhammond/win32/FAQ.html (most of the links were
    either dead, or refrerred to using COM from within Python - i.e. the
    OTHER way round).

    Anonymous, Oct 3, 2007
  4. En Wed, 03 Oct 2007 07:53:15 -0300, Anonymous <> escribi�:

    > Ryan Ginstrom wrote:
    >> One way to do this might be by creating a COM server with Python, and
    >> having
    >> VB feed it lines of text and then collect results of execution for
    >> display.
    >> win32com has demos of COM servers.

    > Hi Ryan, do you have a link to the resources you mentioned?. I did a
    > search for win32com - and found this :
    > http://python.net/crew/mhammond/win32/FAQ.html (most of the links were
    > either dead, or refrerred to using COM from within Python - i.e. the
    > OTHER way round).

    win32com is part of the Python for Windows extensions by Mark Hammond:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/

    --
    Gabriel Genellina

    Gabriel Genellina, Oct 3, 2007
  5. Anonymous

    Giles Brown Guest

    http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/pythonwin32/chapter/ch12.html

    Giles Brown, Oct 3, 2007
  6. Anonymous

    Steve Holden Guest

    Anonymous wrote:

    > Ryan Ginstrom wrote:
    >
    >>> On Behalf Of Anonymous
    >>> This requires several steps, but the one I am having most
    >>> problem finding info on is the ff:
    >>>
    >>> 1. using/interacting the Python interpreter from VB6

    >> One way to do this might be by creating a COM server with Python, and having
    >> VB feed it lines of text and then collect results of execution for display.
    >>
    >> win32com has demos of COM servers.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards,
    >> Ryan Ginstrom
    >>

    > Hi Ryan, do you have a link to the resources you mentioned?. I did a
    > search for win32com - and found this :
    > http://python.net/crew/mhammond/win32/FAQ.html (most of the links were
    > either dead, or refrerred to using COM from within Python - i.e. the
    > OTHER way round).

    You might also want to pick up a copy of Hammond and Robinson's
    "Programming Win32 in Python", which discusses various ways of
    front-ending Python programs with VB interfaces.

    regards
    Steve
    --
    Steve Holden +1 571 484 6266 +1 800 494 3119

    Sorry, the dog ate my .sigline

    Steve Holden, Oct 3, 2007