Interfacing the DAC0808 to FPGA

Hrishi

Hello, I m building a Function generator using an FPGA!! I m almost
done wid the Coding part in VHDL. I'd just like some help regarding
the interfacing of DAC0808 with the FPGA. Also how th output Amplitude
variation can be done.!!!

Joined
Nov 21, 2006
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
DAC0808 is a 8 bit DAC. You just need to give the proper 8 bit data to have the desired amplitude at the output. This is the way you achieve your output amplitude variation....
:driver:

Thomas Stanka

Hello, I m building a Function generator using an FPGA!! I m almost
done wid the Coding part in VHDL. I'd just like some help regarding
the interfacing of DAC0808 with the FPGA. Also how th output Amplitude
variation can be done.!!!

The interface of a 8 bit parallel DAC is one of the most simple
problems you should solve.
Maybe you could describe your specific problem more detailed.

Joined
Apr 5, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
In DAC0808 Interface, u need to built 8 bit register of 256 address locations. Each address points the data that you want to store. You can easily bring the amplitude values by chossing your address and required data
:wave: