Intermittent Access Denied error on window.re

NeverLift

I've carefully constructed my home page so it will display on any
reasonable resolution monitor with no scrolling required and, to ensure
that happens, my <body> element includes an OnLoad that runs a
javascript code that, among other things, does a window.resizeTo to the
size that will display the page in its entirety.

It almost always works. Once in a while -- under conditions that I've
not been able to isolate -- that startup script halts during the page
opening at that line in the code with an Access Denied error. Clearing
the cache, even after going to some other URL, then retrying the page
does not help. But closing the browser and reopening it, then
returning to that same page, invariably loads the page and runs the
entire startup script without error. (There's other stuff past the
resize that is needed to finish the page -- dynamically selected
images, etc., etc.) No other windows (I often have a dozen or so open)
were altered or closed to achieve that.

This is intermittent. I cannot reproduce it reliably.

It happens in an old version where the javascript was present per se in
the header, and the latest version where it is in a .js file cited in a
<script> tag.

The browser is IE, the About describes it as being Version
6.0.2800.1106, with SP1 and a string of Q updates installed, running
under Win 2000 professional.

Any thoughts on remedying this, other than not doing the resize? Any
browser conditions I might test and reset from the javascript before I
execute the resize?