Intermittent "The transport failed to connect to the server" error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Hawksey, Jun 19, 2006.

  1. Hawksey

    Hawksey Guest

    Hello,

    Has anyone else experienced a similar problem.
    We get an intermittent error trying to send mail using smtpmail.
    Our SmtpMail.SmtpServer is a different server to our web application
    servers. Every now and again my error logs will indicate that the
    sendmail method failed with the exception "Could not Access CDO Message
    Object" with an inner exception of "The transport failed to connect to
    the server". The funny thing is the method works and then for whatever
    reason it will fail for maybe one or two emails and then work again.
    I've checked mail addresses and these don't change and are valid.

    Hope the above makes sense and I hope someone could possibly shed some
    light on this error.

    Many thanks in advance

    Paul

    Hawksey, Jun 19, 2006

  2. Hawksey

    rajanand_m

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    hi Paul,

    I too have the same issue....
    only thing is I'm trying with Asp.Net...

    do u got any alternate solution...

    Anand.

    rajanand_m, Nov 6, 2009