Intermittently problem

niju

Hi there
I get the following error message one or two a day.

System.Web.HttpException: Exception of type System.Web.HttpException
was thrown. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException:

C:\WWW.NET\Booking\booking.aspx
at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem()
at
System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.CompileAndGetParserCacheItem(String
virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)

at System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.GetCompiledInstance(String
virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)

at System.Web.UI.PageParser.GetCompiledPageInstanceInternal(String
virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)

at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext context,
String requestType, String url, String path)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context,
String requestType, String path, String pathTranslated,

Boolean useAppConfig)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context,
String requestType, String path, String pathTranslated, Boolean
useAppConfig)
at
System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step,
Boolean& completedSynchronously).

Here is my problem.
I don't have the "booking.aspx" page in my application, it is not
called from any pages in the application. However i get
"System.IO.FileNotFoundException" every now and then.What is causing
this problem and how can i resolve this issue.

Many Thanks
Niju

Darren Kopp

There is a link that is pointed to booking.aspx most likely. Someone
is requesting booking.aspx, which is throwing the exception. Times
when i have had this error happen a lot is a link to a page that does
not exist yet, and there are search engine bots spidering the pages,
throwing the exceptions.

To solve it, search through your project for booking.aspx (may take a
while) and take care of the link. If it's someone typing that in, then
kill that person (just kidding, but they will need to stop). However
you are handling your errors, try logging the ReferringUrl or IP
address to track down the culprit.

HTH,
Darren Kopp
http://blog.secudocs.com/