    Any idea what is going wrong?

    Thanks,

    Zalek
    Zalek Bloom, May 14, 2004

  2. Zalek Bloom

    Chris Smith Guest

    Zalek Bloom wrote:
    > I am using JBuilder 9.0 - most of my programs compile OK, but on two
    > programs I am getting:
    >
    > Internal compiler error: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException:
    > String index out of range: -6.
    >
    > Any idea what is going wrong?

    Can you post the code where it fails?

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation
    Chris Smith, May 14, 2004

  3. Zalek Bloom

    Neal Gafter Guest

    You've probably found a bug in Borland's compiler.

    Neal Gafter, May 14, 2004
  4. Zalek Bloom

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Fri, 14 May 2004 15:42:57 GMT, Zalek Bloom <>
    wrote or quoted :

    >Internal compiler error: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException:
    >String index out of range: -6.
    >
    >Any idea what is going wrong?

    Internal compiler errors are Borland's fault, though they are more
    likely on syntactically erroneous programs.

    Try compiling with Javac or Jikes and correct any errors. Then try
    again with Borland. Also give the program as it is now to Borland.

    If that fails, post the code and we'll look for strange code that may
    have thrown it for a loop.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, May 14, 2004
  5. Zalek Bloom

    Zalek Bloom Guest

    wrote:

    >I am using JBuilder 9.0 - most of my programs compile OK, but on two
    >programs I am getting:
    >
    >Internal compiler error: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException:
    >String index out of range: -6.
    >
    >Any idea what is going wrong?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Zalek

    Well - I found what happen - the program was without a package
    statement (it was a servlet) and I saved it in a wrong directory, so
    Java compiler got confused. After I corrected this problems I got
    clear compilation.

    Zalek
    Zalek Bloom, May 15, 2004