Internal compiler error :------((

Zalek Bloom

I am using JBuilder 9.0 - most of my programs compile OK, but on two
programs I am getting:

Internal compiler error: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException:
String index out of range: -6.

Any idea what is going wrong?

Thanks,

Zalek

Chris Smith

Zalek said:
I am using JBuilder 9.0 - most of my programs compile OK, but on two
programs I am getting:

Internal compiler error: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException:
String index out of range: -6.

Any idea what is going wrong?

Can you post the code where it fails?

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation

Roedy Green

Internal compiler error: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException:
String index out of range: -6.

Any idea what is going wrong?
Internal compiler errors are Borland's fault, though they are more
likely on syntactically erroneous programs.

Try compiling with Javac or Jikes and correct any errors. Then try
again with Borland. Also give the program as it is now to Borland.

If that fails, post the code and we'll look for strange code that may
have thrown it for a loop.

Zalek Bloom

I am using JBuilder 9.0 - most of my programs compile OK, but on two
programs I am getting:

Internal compiler error: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException:
String index out of range: -6.

Any idea what is going wrong?

Thanks,

Zalek

Well - I found what happen - the program was without a package
statement (it was a servlet) and I saved it in a wrong directory, so
Java compiler got confused. After I corrected this problems I got
clear compilation.

Zalek