Internal Connection Fatal Error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by SteveoAtilla via DotNetMonster.com, Mar 2, 2007.

  1. Hello!

    I have just started getting this error (trapped by a try...catch...end try
    structure) in an app that has been functioning well for over 18 months.

    I am getting this in my development environment (Windows XP machine with a
    Windows Server 2003 SQL virtual machine), and since I am trapping the error,
    I don't get the full stack trace. Anyway, I don't believe that there is a
    single set of commands that trigger the error, since I can comment out one of
    the subs with DB access, and I still get the error.

    Just for reference, here is one of the DB routines anyway:

    Dim ProductionBOMCmdText As String
    Dim ProductionBOMCommand As New SqlCommand

    ProductionBOMCmdText = "UPDATE dbo.ProductionBOM SET WorkcenterNumber =
    40600425 WHERE (SerialNumberProfile <> '') AND (WorkcenterNumber = '') AND
    (MachineMasterPK = ViewState("MachineMasterPK") & ")"

    ConnectionAlpha.ConnectionString = ViewState("ConnectionString")
    ConnectionAlpha.Open()
    Try
    ProductionBOMCommand = New SqlCommand(ProductionBOMCmdText,
    ConnectionAlpha)
    Dim ra As Integer = ProductionBOMCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
    Catch ex As Exception
    DisplayAlert("UNEXPECTED ERROR!\nPage: InitiateMachine.aspx\nSubroutine:
    FixTheBOM\nLine: 2376\nError Message: " & Replace(ex.Message, vbCrLf, "\n") &
    "\nCommand Text:\n" & ProductionBOMCmdText)
    End Try
    ConnectionAlpha.Close()

    I tried to change all the SQL Connections, have re-booted the SQL server, and
    went ahead and did the KB fix for .NET 2.0, even though this app uses 1.4.

    What's going on? The rest of the application works fine. It's just this one
    page that is now throwing errors. Unfortunately, this is kind of the core of
    the app, and does literally hundreds of SQL transactions every time it is
    used.

    What might be going on? I didn't change all that much...

    Thanks,

    Steveo

    SteveoAtilla via DotNetMonster.com, Mar 2, 2007