    Why?

    Any feedback are appreciated.
    , Dec 14, 2007

  2. Pavel Lepin Guest

    <> wrote in
    <>:
    > In DTD, below entities were declared and all corresponding
    > xml files were made accordingly.
    > <!ENTITY addwok SYSTEM "add_work.xml">
    > <!ENTITY name "Alfred Hitchcock">
    >
    > But, within XML document, only the name entity can be
    > called (by &name;). All other entities that relate to
    > "external entities" are not valid for work.
    >
    > Why?

    Probably because the parser you're using (which you forgot
    to mention, by the way) is non-validating and doesn't parse
    external parsed entities. See 4.4 in XML 1.0 4E and XML 1.1
    2E. Specifically, the table of required treatment for
    entities says for external parsed entities referenced in
    content: 'Included if validating' (see 4.4.3),
    and 'Forbidden' or 'Bypassed' for all other references.

    --
    ....also, I submit that we all must honourably commit seppuku
    right now rather than serve the Dark Side by producing the
    Pavel Lepin, Dec 14, 2007