    How would you setup this internal web service to be able to process the
    different types of web service calls that it needs to be made in Visual
    Basic.NET?

    Wendy Elizabeth, Nov 6, 2004

  2. Re: internal web service calling multiply types of external web se

    "Christian Weyer [MS RD, MVP]"

    This infomation was very helpful. You did answer my question. However, I am
    new to .NET and this will be my first programming project usually any .net
    application.

    My question is what kind of information would I pass to the internal server
    so it knows what program is calling it and how to send the response back to.
    I have also heard about thread programming when different applications are
    calling a particular server. Would I do that type of programming here?

    Thank you for your assistance.

    Wendy Elizabeth

    Wendy Elizabeth, Nov 8, 2004

  3. Wendy Elizabeth

    Dan Rogers Guest

    Re: internal web service calling multiply types of external web se

    Hi Wendy,

    Without a more in-depth conversation, it is difficult to determine the data
    that your original callers will need to pass. In general, you should be
    designing the service interface on the aggregating service (the one that
    calls the other services and aggregates a response) to take in parameters
    that satisfy your requirements. If you want the caller to pass in three
    flags that make the service implementation decide that if flag1 is set, it
    calls the first service, then checks flag2 and calls a second service, etc,
    then your web method needs to expose these parameters.

    As for aggregating the responses into a single type, your web method will
    need to return a compound type that includes the data from the called
    services that you want to have passed back to the original caller. This is
    most likely a class that you create an instance of on the service side,
    fill with the data as received from the other service calls, and then when
    all filled up, gets returned as the return type from your method call.

    I hope this helps,

    Dan Rogers
    Microsoft Corporation

    se
    >thread-index: AcTFRgYcF2jLDMRhQPyQGRl3JP55fg==
    >From: =?Utf-8?B?V2VuZHkgRWxpemFiZXRo?=

    <>

    <#>

    Dan Rogers, Nov 15, 2004