International character dissapears from FORM

royend

Hi.
I am having problems sending values from a simple FORM to a database.
All is written in ASP, and I am doing some validations before it is
actually saved in my database.

It worked for several years, but now it won't accept international
characters. This means that the Norwegian word for boat "BÅT" ends up
like "BT" since the "Å" isn't sent.

I have done several testings, and it actually looks like the error
occurs immidiately after I hit the submit-button.

Does anybody know why this problem has occured?
Looking forward to your answers.
royend...

James Jones

use the character codes, not the actual letter. so when the character is
posted.....try to convert it......

<%
varItsStoredIn = Replace(varItsStoredIn, "Å", "")
%>

hope this helps ya.

Hi.
I am having problems sending values from a simple FORM to a database.
All is written in ASP, and I am doing some validations before it is
actually saved in my database.

It worked for several years, but now it won't accept international
characters. This means that the Norwegian word for boat "BÅT" ends up
like "BT" since the "Å" isn't sent.

I have done several testings, and it actually looks like the error
occurs immidiately after I hit the submit-button.

Does anybody know why this problem has occured?
Looking forward to your answers.
royend...

royend

I have actually tried converting the letters with ASP, but the problem
is that the string is transformed before it reaches the ASP.

In my .asp-file I have
Response.Write(Request.Form("text"))
as my first line, and it still don't contain the international
letters....

I really don't get this one, as I have multiple forms that actually
does send everything perfect.

royend :|

Evertjan.

wrote on 21 jun 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
I have actually tried converting the letters with ASP, but the problem
is that the string is transformed before it reaches the ASP.

In my .asp-file I have
Response.Write(Request.Form("text"))
as my first line, and it still don't contain the international
letters....

I really don't get this one, as I have multiple forms that actually
does send everything perfect.

I strongly suspect it has to do with the character set used by your
browser. Try rightclicking on the page in IE and try different
"encoding"s.

ASP can set these for you in the header.

Under ASP try different "code-pages":

How?
<http://www.html.dk/dokumentation/objects/asp/iiapmls.htm>

Baltic:
<http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/reference/iso/28594.mspx>

More:
<http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/reference/wincp.mspx>

Evertjan.

wrote on 21 jun 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
Thanks for the advice, but still it didn't work. This is a real
challenge as I need this to get working.

Please quote what you are replying to.

"Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on "show options" at the
top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at the bottom of the article
headers.

<http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/>

royend

Thanks for your tip!

Evertjan. said:
Please quote what you are replying to.

"Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on "show options" at the
top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at the bottom of the article
headers.

<http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/>

I will use this technique from now on.
Still, no solution to the problem though...
royend

Evertjan.

wrote on 22 jun 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
Thanks for your tip!

I will use this technique from now on.
Still, no solution to the problem though...
royend

What problem? ;-)