International Characters in an Edit Control

Mick_fae_Glesga

Hello everyone!

OK, I'm writing a windows program that requires the user to enter
Cyrillic characters into an Edit control.

But, I can't seem to get the Cyrillic characters to appear in the Edit
Control... I get underscores '_'

I know the cyrillic keyboard works... I use it in word programs, and
other apps...

No doubt this problem would occur with any non-english character set...

Does anyone know of any decent, free, resources that will teach me how
to do this? Is there some style attribute I need to add to the edit
control to allow international characters?

Iv'e been playing around with putting this code at the start of the
program:

#define _UNICODE
#include <tchar.h>
#include <wchar.h>

#define UNICODE
#include <windows.h>

// and changing text strings to WCHAR, or TCHAR (tried both)

But it doesn't make much difference. Does UNICODE have anything to do
with it at all? can it be done without UNICODE? Do I strike you as
someone who doesn't really know what UNICODE is? If so please tell me!

So, anyway, if anyone out there has ever had to type non-english
character sets into and Edit Control, and has a simple and obvious
solution, I'd be most grateful to hear from you.

Abdo Haji-Ali

Mick_fae_Glesga said:
[...]

This newsgroups discusses mainly Standard C++ issues, so I think you
might get a better response from the guys at
microsoft.public.vc.language

[OT]
Why don't you check the font? (Don't tell me the result, just post at
the mentioned newsgroup, please)
[/OT]

Abdo Haji-Ali
Programmer