internationalization & localization

Praveen

Hi..All,

I am newbie to "internationalization & localization" concept. From a
Oracle DB how do I read the data & display in any language the user
requests for. Any pointers to website(s) / help would be really appreciated.

Are there any tool(s) available to do it.

Regards,

Thomas Weidenfeller

Praveen said:
Hi..All,

I am newbie to "internationalization & localization" concept. From a
Oracle DB how do I read the data & display in any language the user
requests for. Any pointers to website(s) / help would be really appreciated.

What about starting with the related parts of the JDK documentation (you
did download it with the JDK, didn't you?).

As part of the documentation you find:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/intl/index.html

/Thomas

Jacob

Praveen said:
I am newbie to "internationalization & localization" concept. From a
Oracle DB how do I read the data & display in any language the user
requests for. Any pointers to website(s) / help would be really appreciated.

Are there any tool(s) available to do it.

You can look at the "locale" module at
http://geosoft.no/software which is a
simple high level API towards Java
resource bundles.