internationalization of Apps ????

G

Hi

I have one query regarding the making world ready apps.

I have to design the my application UI other than English i.e. in German.
What I would like to ask that after doing all the initial work like making a resource with the particular language ("de-DE") German in Germany.

I created the .resx file and then the .resources file and then the MyAppName.resources.dll (satellite assembly)

Then I intialize the ResourceManager with GetExecutingAssembly and setting the CultureInfo to a required language i.e(de-DE).
I set the current thread for culturInfo to the required language where I am initializing the ResourceManager.

But What I find that if I do as above the initial .aspx pages which are in the root directory take the localize string but the .aspx pages which are into subdirectories displays the default.

This also I achieve by adding the specific culture and uiCulture in the Web.config's <Globlization> node. But is it necessary to add the culture into Web.Config.

I am just little bit confuse, rather I am asking very very lay man question then if we want to have our app for different languages we have to compile our exe for each different language.

What we need to do to keep our exe as it is and it pick the currentculture.
I know I am missing something !! Please answer my question !!

Looking forward for expert commnets

Govil

Ask a Question