    I am aware that internet http connection are on port 80 but I am
    confused about how to stop a client from using the shared internet
    using this java application.

    Kin, Nov 6, 2003

  2. Kin

    Alex Hunsley Guest

    Kin wrote:

    > Hi, i am writing a program which can maintain internet cafe(cyber
    > cafe).
    > I have 6 clients connected to a server.
    > Currently timing is monitored manually but I want to write a java
    > application that can monitor the time for each client connection.
    > Secondly I need to know how to disconnect the client from their
    > connection to the server when time is up.
    > I am aware that internet http connection are on port 80 but I am
    > confused about how to stop a client from using the shared internet
    > using this java application.

    Your stated problem is far too vague - I can sort of get the idea - but
    it sounds like you haven't even got a solid grasp of the concepts
    involved in a cybercafe infrastructure. At an educated guess, most
    cybercafes of the type you describe (that cut off network access when a
    terminal is unpaid for) work at a routing level, be it software or
    hardware routing. It's not a case of some java program just coming along
    and stopping shared internet access.

    It also sounds a bit like you're reinventing the wheel - there is 3rd
    part cybercafe software already out there that can be bought.

    alex

    Alex Hunsley, Nov 6, 2003