    "Humanity is conducting an unintended, uncontrolled, globally pervasive experiment
    whose ultimate consequences could be second only to global nuclear war."
    ~ Environment Canada (The Canadian equivalent of the EPA on global warming)

    Roedy Green, Nov 24, 2008

  2. Roedy Green wrote:
    > I wrote a Java program called Vercheck that checks 65 websites to see
    > if there is a new version of the corresponding application.
    > http://mindprod.com/applet/vercheck.html
    >

    > today it announced that seven of them were not responding. The most I
    > have seen down before is 2. I wondered if this is a local problem or
    > something happening generally on the Internet.
    >
    > I wonder if you could run the program from where you are and let me
    > know what happens. You ran run it as either an Applet or an
    > application.

    I ran it (from California) and did not get a single failure.

    Mike Schilling, Nov 24, 2008

  3. Roedy Green <> wrote in

    > I wonder if you could run the program from where you are and let me
    > know what happens. You ran run it as either an Applet or an
    > application.

    I ran if from Finland, not a single error.

    Donkey Hottie, Nov 24, 2008
  4. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 24 Nov 2008 21:41:41 GMT, Donkey Hottie <-a-geek.com>

    >I ran if from Finland, not a single error.

    It is now working for me from Canada. I suspect that my ISP has a
    problem with its trunk into the wider net.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com

    Roedy Green, Nov 25, 2008