Internet Down?

Roedy Green

I wrote a Java program called Vercheck that checks 65 websites to see
if there is a new version of the corresponding application.
http://mindprod.com/applet/vercheck.html

today it announced that seven of them were not responding. The most I
have seen down before is 2. I wondered if this is a local problem or
something happening generally on the Internet.

I wonder if you could run the program from where you are and let me
know what happens. You ran run it as either an Applet or an
application.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

Mike Schilling

Roedy said:
I wrote a Java program called Vercheck that checks 65 websites to see
if there is a new version of the corresponding application.
http://mindprod.com/applet/vercheck.html

today it announced that seven of them were not responding. The most I
have seen down before is 2. I wondered if this is a local problem or
something happening generally on the Internet.

I wonder if you could run the program from where you are and let me
know what happens. You ran run it as either an Applet or an
application.

I ran it (from California) and did not get a single failure.

Donkey Hottie

I wonder if you could run the program from where you are and let me
know what happens. You ran run it as either an Applet or an
application.

I ran if from Finland, not a single error.

Roedy Green

I ran if from Finland, not a single error.

It is now working for me from Canada. I suspect that my ISP has a
problem with its trunk into the wider net.