Internet Explorer acts wird with 2 applets in one page!

Kasper K

Hi,

We are trying to get Internet explorer to cache some jar files loaded
through 2 different applets in one page.

The problem is that it will only cache the jar files from the first
defined applet in the HTML document. If we load one applet at a time
it works great with both of them! But we need to implement both
applets in one page...

We know that a solution could be to compile the 2 applets together
into one... But we need to load them in 2 diffrent applets.

thx in advance for any comments on the subject!

Best Regards,
Kasper and Jacob

Steve Claflin

Kasper said:
Hi,

We are trying to get Internet explorer to cache some jar files loaded
through 2 different applets in one page.

The problem is that it will only cache the jar files from the first
defined applet in the HTML document. If we load one applet at a time
it works great with both of them! But we need to implement both
applets in one page...

We know that a solution could be to compile the 2 applets together
into one... But we need to load them in 2 diffrent applets.

thx in advance for any comments on the subject!

Best Regards,
Kasper and Jacob

Well, a kind of brute force approach might be to use a frameset and have
two different html pages on the screen at the same time, each with one
applet. Or maybe a sequential operation where page one has one applet
and causes page 2 to load via javascript, which has both applets, which
might cache the second applet.