[Internet Explorer] Cache pbl with a popup

Emmanuel Arlicot

Hello,

I have a problem, and maybe someone knows the solution.

Context :
- Browser : IE 6.0
- Application server : Livewire Pro
- Client OS : Windows 98 SE
- Server OS : NT4
- I have a frameset, including several pages, but only one will be
used for the example.
--------
| a |
--------
| b |
--------
- a form on the main page (a.html i.e.)
- a data is manually typed, then I submit the form => the action will
redirect to a new page (c.html)
- on this new page, I do a history.go(-1), so I'm back on the a.html
page, and the data is still there (it's ok)
- cache parameters : "check on every page visited"

Problem :
- From the main page, if a popup gives the data to the form, so after
the submit and the history.go(-1), the form contains NO data !!!

So, the data is lost when the data input is not made by hand.

I have no troubles with Netscape/Mozilla, but only with IE.

Maybe someone would have an idea ?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my poor english.

Emmanuel Arlicot

Randy Webb

Emmanuel said:
Hello,

I have a problem, and maybe someone knows the solution.

Context :
- Browser : IE 6.0
- Application server : Livewire Pro
- Client OS : Windows 98 SE
- Server OS : NT4
- I have a frameset, including several pages, but only one will be
used for the example.
--------
| a |
--------
| b |
--------
- a form on the main page (a.html i.e.)
- a data is manually typed, then I submit the form => the action will
redirect to a new page (c.html)
- on this new page, I do a history.go(-1), so I'm back on the a.html
page, and the data is still there (it's ok)
- cache parameters : "check on every page visited"

a.html submits to b.html which redirects to c.html which does a
history.go(-1) to get back to a.html? Why not just have a.html submit to
itself? Then, the server side processing could put the data back in the
fields that was submitted to it. No JS needed.

Emmanuel Arlicot

Hi Randy,
a.html submits to b.html which redirects to c.html which does a
history.go(-1) to get back to a.html?
a.html submits to c.html, and then get back to a.html. b.html isn't
used in this example.
Why not just have a.html submit to
itself?
I can't, because there is some code to be executed in c.html.
Moreother I can't change the architecture of the application.

And with more tests, I noticed that the popup is the only problem. I
don't have to change the data to the form ,from this popup, to see the
problem. I just execute the window.open, then I close this window, I
enter manually some data to the form, I submit, I come back, and my
data are lost.

Strange.

Emmanuel.