internet explorer cannot read post data from form

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by JohnathanKong, Oct 18, 2007.

  1. Hello, I hope this is the right place to post, but anyways, here goes. I
    current have a forum, snitz, in place, but am having an IE specific problem.
    Basically what happens is, I have a page that drops a cookie which logs in
    the user. This all works fine, but once the cookie is dropped ALL post method
    data from forms become empty. Get works, and if I post data to a different
    site it works, so the break down is reading the data from the post. Here is
    the code that logs the user into the site:

    <!--#INCLUDE FILE="config.asp"-->
    <!--#INCLUDE FILE="inc_func_common.asp"-->
    <%
    dim rsUser, conn

    if len(Mid(Request.ServerVariables("AUTH_USER"), Instr(1,
    Request.ServerVariables("AUTH_USER"), "\") + 1)) > 0 and not strLoginStatus =
    1 then
    set conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.CONNECTION")
    set rsUser = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RECORDSET")

    conn.Open strConnString

    rsUser.Open "SELECT m.M_PASSWORD FROM glbPermissions p INNER JOIN
    FORUM_MEMBERS m ON p.id = m.M_FITS_ID WHERE p.loginName='" &
    lcase(Mid(Request.ServerVariables("AUTH_USER"), Instr(1,
    Request.ServerVariables("AUTH_USER"), "\") + 1)) & "'", conn

    if not rsUser.EOF then
    strDBNTUserName=trim(Mid(Request.ServerVariables("AUTH_USER"), Instr(1,
    Request.ServerVariables("AUTH_USER"), "\") + 1))
    strEncodedPassword = rsUser("M_PASSWORD")

    if strSetCookieToForum = 1 then
    Response.Cookies(strUniqueID & "User").Path = strCookieURL
    else
    Response.Cookies(strUniqueID & "User").Path = "/"
    end if
    Response.Cookies(strUniqueID & "User")("Name") = strDBNTUserName
    Response.Cookies(strUniqueID & "User")("Pword") = strEncodedPassword
    'Response.Cookies(strUniqueID & "User")("Cookies") = Request.Form("Cookies")
    if fSavePassWord = "true" then
    Response.Cookies(strUniqueID & "User").Expires = dateAdd("d",
    intCookieDuration, strForumTimeAdjust)
    end if
    Session(strCookieURL & "last_here_date") =
    ReadLastHereDate(strDBNTFUserName)

    strLoginStatus = 1
    end if

    rsUser.Close

    conn.Close
    end if

    if Len(Request.QueryString("target")) > 0 then
    Response.Redirect "login.asp?" & Request.QueryString("target")
    else
    Response.Redirect "default.asp"
    end if
    %>

    All the previous code does is create the cookies. The variables are declared
    on one of the included pages. Once this code is executed, nothing works. I
    have created a simple asp page that just reads posted data which does not
    work once I use the above page:

    <head>
    </head>
    <%=Request("test")%>

    <form method="post" action="test.asp">
    <input type="text" name="test" />
    <input type="submit" value="submit" />
    </form>

    Before I log in, the above code will echo everything in the box, but after I
    log in, it receives nothing. I have tested this log in feature on firefox,
    and it works fine, but on ie, it just refuses to work. Hopefully someone can
    shed some insight onto this, because I've been at this for 2 days, and have
    made no progress.

    JohnathanKong, Oct 18, 2007