Internet Explorer prompts users with two open/save as dialogs

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by David Perez, Sep 28, 2005.

  1. David Perez

    David Perez Guest

    Hello.

    I have a problem with my Web Application in VB.NET and aspx pages. I try to
    open a SaveDialog window, to open or save a document when user clicl on a
    button, and Internet Explorer prompts users with two open/save as dialogs.
    this happens only when select "Open" button.

    This issue is commented in this articles:

    http://mosley.arach.net.au/dev/docs/save as.htm

    Here is the portion of code I use to do this, but the problem still appears:

    Response.Clear()
    Response.ClearContent()
    Response.ClearHeaders()
    Response.ContentType = "application/msword"
    Response.AddHeader("content-disposition",
    "attachment;filename=test.mht")
    Response.Write(stm.ReadText().ToString())
    Response.Flush()
    Response.Close()

    This error also appears if the document is .pdf type. Has anyone any idea to
    solve this problem?

    Thanks a lot.

    Cheers.......David

    David Perez, Sep 28, 2005